23 is the 23rd episode of the fifth season and 115th overall.
During Stan's funeral, Leo gets a call from Doctors Without Borders inviting him to help set up a clinic in Guatemala. She asks Grace to come and live with him there and she accepts, though she is oblivious where it is and what life is like there.
Karen learns that Stanley recently made changes to his last will and testament, and that Lorraine could have persuaded him to leave everything to herself. Karen ends the funeral immediately and have Will as Stan's lawyer read the revised will.
Stan leaves Grace (calling her Grape Antler) an oil-painting of Karen; $20,000 to Will and Jack for them to get married; and $10 million to Rosario, which she will get after 20 more years of service to Karen. Stanley left the remainder of his estate, which includes the entirety of his financial holdings to Karen.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- Harry Connick, Jr. (Dr. Leo Markus)
- Minnie Driver (Lorraine Finster)
- Jamie Kaler (Gary)
- Hansford Rowe (Minister)
- Danica Sheridan (Kimmy Walker)
- Raymond Ma (Rufus)
- Bertha Holguin (Back-Up Maid Letty)
- Rosario is wearing a black Member's Only jacket during Stan's funeral rather than her usual burgundy.
- One of Karen's staff back-up maid (named Letty) is introduced.
- Stan's sister Kimmy is introduced but her scenes were cut out in the DVD version.
- Grace thinks Guatemala is in Africa and in Spain.
- Will compares Karen and Walker Inc. to Joan Crawford and PepsiCo.
- Will calls Grace's cooking Chef Boy-are-you-lazy, a play on canned pasta brand Chef Boyardee.
- Jack says that they hate the know-it-all daughter on The Gilmore Girls Rory Gilmore played by Alexis Bledel.
A yay is better from a gay. — Jack
|Lorraine:||Pssst. I'd like you to have all your things out by tomorrow morning, all right?|
|Karen:||Oh, okay. Oh, pssst. I'd like you to eat me.|
I'm feeling so many emotions... Loss, anger, sadness. Knowing how much money I'm getting would really snap all of that into focus. — Karen, Asking to see Stanley's will
Well, well, well. Looked what my husband's cash dragged in. — Karen, As Lorraine arrives
My Stanley really loved me. That's what all that money means, you know. That's how you tell someone you love them. — Karen, After getting Stan's estate
Baby, I want you to come. This is what I do. And you're... you're who I do. I just wanna be able to do who I do, while I do what I do. — Leo, Asking Grace to come with him to Guatemala