A Little Christmas Queer is the 9th episode of the eighth season and 179th overall.
SynopsisWhile spending the holidays at Will's mother Marilyn's house, Grace gets cozy with Will's brother and old flame Sam. Sam's adopted daughter finds a fan in Karen, who is intrigued by the little girl. Meanwhile, Jack helps Will's clearly gay ten-year-old nephew Jordy organize and perform a Christmas show, which Marilyn is thrilled about. Will is silently fuming, however, as Marilyn is much more tolerant of the young boy than she ever was of her own son.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Blythe Danner (Marilyn Truman)
- Steven Weber (Sam Truman)
- Reed Alexander (Jordan Truman)
- Kyla Dang (Casey Truman)
- Will's oldest brother, Sam Truman, was last seen in the episodes "Big Brother is Coming (Part 1)" and "Big Brother is Coming (Part 2)". John Slattery played Sam in the previous episodes, but was unavailable for this appearance and was replaced with Steven Weber.
- After announcing that he was divorcing his wife Ginny 7 years ago, Sam's divorce has just become final.
- Kyla Dang was credited as "Courtney," but was called Casey in the actual episode.
- Jordy is referenced to be a fan of the musical Rent, making his father listen to the soundtrack for the entire car ride over.
- Jordy's Christmas show featured holiday-themed renditions of "All That Jazz" and "Mr. Cellophane" from Chicago.
- Will used to wear "Mork & Mindy" suspenders.
I'm starting to dread Christmas at the Trumans. Every time someone says "Merry Christmas," your mother looks at me with pity and says, "And Hanukkah." — Grace
|Jordy:||Don't you think the tree is T-Acky?|
|Jack:||She should have gone monochromatic.|
|Jack:||Yeah, you wanna pick your spots with that.|
|Grace:||Has anyone seen Sam?|
|Karen:||Did you check down your pants?|
She's adopted. But I like her as if she were real. — Marilyn, about Casey