Crazy in Love is the twelfth episode of the third season and the fifty-seventh episode overall.
Will tries his hand in sports to impress Matt, a sportscaster. After Grace agrees to decorate Jack's apartment, he and Karen find out Grace might be a psychopath.
Will finally works up the chutzpah to call Matt, whom he met at Banana Republic. Though Will strikes out when he tries impersonating a sports fan for Matt's benefit, sparks still fly between the two. Meanwhile, Grace busies herself redecorating Jack's apartment; and Jack and Karen are convinced that Grace is a psycho.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Karen mentions again having her mother committed. She first mentions this in Love Plus One. Her mother eventually makes an appearance in Something Borrowed, Someone's Due.
- Grace refers to Jack and Karen as Boris and Natasha, after the silly villains in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends cartoons.
- When Matt recalls using her mother's curling iron and pretending to be veteran sports journalist Howard Cossell, Will says he does the same thing but pretends to Broadway and TV actress and singer Eartha Kitt.
- While helping Grace pretend to be a psychopath, Will mentions films with characters dealing with mental illnesses such as Claudia Draper (Barbra Streisand) in Nuts (1987), Sybil Dorsett (Sally Field) in Sybil, and Frances Farmer (Jessica Lange) in Frances.
My mother's crazy. That's why I had her committed. Well, she's not crazy so much as she just bugged me. She's a bitch. — Karen
I'm allowed to watch sports, ok? 'Cause I'm a guy. That's what guys do. Now get me a beer. Who am I kidding? I want a spritzer. I'll never pull this off. — Will, pretending to like sports
Oh, my God! I've changed my mind. My dream home is no longer Jeannie's bottle. It's this. — Jack, seeing his newly decorated apartment
|Will:||I told Matt that I'm sports nut, that I love watching sports, that I particularly love playing baseball, and that I'm really good at it.|
|Grace:||How quick can you get out of town?|
|Matt:||Hi, Grace. Do you ever not look gorgeous?|
|Grace:||God... Ten years ago, I would have wasted so much time liking you.|