Field of Queens is the twelfth episode of the fifth season and 104th overall.
Karen and Milo
Karen is smitten by a charming restaurant owner named Milo. She asks him out on a date and they spend a romantic night together after which he tells her he would call. Three days later, Milo has not called yet which worries Grace that Karen might get her heart broken. Grace goes to Milo's restaurant to confront him and realizes he is not really interested in Karen because she is "too old" and has no intention of calling her again. To prevent Karen from being strung along, Grace tells her about Milo and comforts her. They confide in each other how their lives as a single and a married woman have switched.
Jack signs himself and Will to a gay soccer team, thinking all they do is "compare Tony predictions". Jack does well but Will struggles with sports and plans to quit until he realizes Jack's son Elliot looks up to him trying despite being bad at it.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- Michael Angarano (Elliot)
- This is the first time Karen is seen on a date since she was married at the beginning of the series.
- Will refers to the soccer team captain as Captain Kirk and asks him who to play first, the Romulans or the Klingons, all references to Star Trek. Will also does an impression of William Shatner who played Captain Kirk in the films.
- Karen mentions the then-beginning of the Iraq War under President Bush.
- During huddle, the gay team shout "Neiman Marcus", the popular American department store brand.
Gay soccer isn't sports, silly. It's cute guys in shorts runnin' around kickin' balls. It's a gay bar on astro-turf. — Jack
And this is Red, Homo, Homo, and Boy. — Karen, introducing Grace, Jack, Will and Elliot, respectively
These guys are tough. But if we can beat this hetero team, we may one day achieve our dream of beating the lesbians. — Kirk
|Grace:||You know, it's strange how things have changed for the two of us over the last year. I'm a married lady giving out dating advice. Now you're the single girl, starting your life over. I like it.|
|Karen:||I hate it.|
|Both:||I know you do.|