Heart Like a Wheelchair is the sixth episode of the sixth season and the 122nd overall.
Continuing his new role as caretaker for a disabled Marilyn, a resentful Will takes his wheelchair-bound mother for an afternoon roll in the park and bumps into an attractive bachelor Tom wheeling an invalid of his own. Using his mother as a reason for a daily rendezvous in the park, Will attempts to build up the courage to ask Tom out. Elsewhere, Karen continues her lifelong quest to hunt down hubby-stealing Lorraine tracking her to a room at the Knickerbocker hotel only to discover occupant to be her father Lyle.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Dylan McDermott (Tom)
- John Cleese (Lyle Finster)
- Blythe Danner (Marilyn Truman)
- Fiona Hale (Ruth)
- Christopher Gehrman (EMT Worker)
- Clifford David (Hotel Manager)
- Debra Messing does not appear in this episode due to her pregnancy. To explain her absence, Grace's character left for Cambodia with Leo in the previous episode. This is the first time one of the lead actors has not appeared in an episode.
- First appearance of Lyle Finster.