Homo for the Holidays is the eighth episode of the second season and the 30th overall.
Will invites Jack's mother to Thanksgiving dinner as a surprise, only to discover that Mrs. McFarland doesn't know her son is gay; instead, Jack has claimed that he and Grace used to date. Will and Grace encourage Jack to tell the truth, while Karen is more upset by the fact that he chose Grace to be his imaginary girlfriend instead of her. When Jack finally works up the courage to confess, his mother reveals a secret of her own.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- This episode attracted the largest audience in the show's two-year history (19.14 million viewers, topping the previous record of 19.08 million established on Thursday, April 8, 1999 with Grace, Replaced)
- In 2009, TV Guide ranked this episode #74 on its list of the 100 Greatest Episodes.
|Jack:||Mom, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but... this is who I am.|
|Judith:||You could never disappoint me. I just want you to be happy. Looking back on it... There have been clues. When you were a child, you were overly fond of the nursery rhyme "Rub-a-dub-dub, 3 men in a tub." And you do have a lot of flamboyantly gay friends. I mean, look at Will!|