Husbands and Trophy Wives is the third episode of the third season and the 48th episode overall.
Will and Jack can't wait to arrive at the house of two old friends who are known for their wild parties but they discover that the former party animals are now sedately raising an adopted baby girl and Will shocks Jack when he volunteers to test his shaky parenting skills by babysitting her for them.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- Gregory Hines (Ben Doucette)
- Jerry Levine (Joe)
- Tim Bagley (Larry)
- Richard Livingston (Bartender)
- Christopher Randolph (Man)
- Yvans Jourdain (Jon)
- Two episodes aired on 10/9; this episode and Fear and Clothing.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Joe and Larry. They were only supposed to appear once, but went on to become recurring characters.
- This episode marks only appearance of Hannah, Joe and Larry's adopted daughter (although she is referenced in future episodes.)
- The song Will and Jack perform as a "lullaby" to Hannah is Lady Marmalade by Labelle.
- The episode's title is a reference to the 1992 movie, Husbands and Wives.
We still have our Friday night movie club. We sit in the back row, and every time straight people kiss, we hiss. — Jack