Me and Mr. Jones is the fourth episode of the sixth season and 120th overall.
Earning a brief speaking role in an off Broadway play, Jack shares the stage with legendary actor James Earl Jones. However, when the play's director rejects James' performance in favor of Jack's one-line triumph, the award-winning actor looks to his co-star for instruction - enrolling in the McFarland acting school. Meanwhile, new roommates Will and his mother Marilyn continue their living arrangement, despite a secret desire to part ways.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Blythe Danner (Marilyn Truman)
- James Earl Jones (Himself)
- Emily Rutherfurd (Joanne)
- Nathan Anderson (Andrew)
- Susan Leslie (Carol)
- Michael Medico (Josh)
- Jon Fleming (Russell)
- Gordon Davis (Himself)
- James Earl Jones' quote by the great Dane is from Shakespeare's Hamlet.