My Uncle the Car is the fourteenth episode of the third season and the 59th episode overall.
Will chides Grace for owning an old car "with no A/C and 'old-man stink'," so she lets him sell it. But when she decides she wants the lemon back for sentimental reasons, it proves difficult to retrieve from the quirky buyer, Sister Louise. Meanwhile, a cryptic postcard from his mother convinces Jack that he's half black. And when a fellow trophy spouse tries to steal Rosario, pool shark Karen challenges him to a game--with her trusty maid as the stakes.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- This is the first appearance of Karen's friend/rival, Beverley Leslie.
- Title is a play on the 60s sitcom My Mother the Car.
- This episode was originally to be the return of Joan Collins' character, Helena Barnes. However, Joan Collins did not like the script, so they changed the character to Beverley Leslie. Even though Beverley is a man, they did not have to change any of the lines.
- Ellen DeGeneres' favorite episode, according to her.