New Will City is the first episode of the third season and the 46th episode overall.
Will is still on the Island with Karen, Stan and Rosario. Grace is wanting his advice to which guy she should be with, Josh or Ben, Jack helps her out and says she should be with Ben as there is something about Josh that he can't put his finger on , Will gets mad with Karen and feels he should be home helping Grace, Will, feels left out within what happened in the last 3 months Grace and Jack have started to become closer friends, and he tells her that she should Josh. Karen trying to smuggle in drugs but blames it on Rosario and feels guilty about it but doesn't want to admit it.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- This is the first episode where Shelley Morrison is billed a regular cast member.
- Britney Spears's choreographer came in to teach the "Oops!" dance routine to Sean and Debra. Spears later appears during the eighth season as Amber-Louise.
- Making fun of Will's slippers, Karen mentions Jennifer Lopez. She later appears as herself in seasons 4 and 5.
- Last appearance of Josh. He only briefly appears in the opening scene.
- Stanley Walker's hand is seen in this episode (when he gropes Karen).
- Jack makes a reference to spending the rest of his life with the pizza delivery man and "adopting Himalayan whistle kids". This phrase was last used by Harlin Polk in The Truth About Will and Dogs, "Himalayan whistle kids" being based on an inside joke by the creators.
- Upon reuniting with Jack, Will does an impression of Jerry Lewis, saying "Hey, lady!" a popular quote from the 1961 comedy The Ladies Man.
- When Will comes back home, he tells Jack that he can still stay in the guest room and then calls him Kato, a reference to Kato Kaelin who became famous during the OJ Simpson murder trial. Kato was staying at Simpson's guest house when the crime occurred in 1994.
- Will mentions that Grace is "torn between two lovers, feelin' like a fool", a reference to the Mary MacGregor song Torn Between Two Lovers.
- When Grace points out Will is pouting, she references the show Ally McBeal starring Calista Flockhart who has a trademark "natural pout".
This whole thing has just gotten way too complicated. I mean, the other night in bed, I called Josh "Ben." And to cover it, I stretched it out into bennn...d over...and I ended up doing something I really never wanna do again. — Grace
|Karen:||Ever since I've been back, I've been getting these shooting pains.|
|Grace:||Well, have you done anything unusual since you've gotten home? Eaten? Loved? Worked?|
I know what guilt is. It's one of those touchy-feely words that people throw around that don't really mean anything... You know, like "maternal" or "addiction." — Karen
I'm not going to Queens! There are people living in cabs down there! Let her tunnel her way out! — Karen
My feelings aren't cute, I'm not the youngest brother on Eight is Enough. — Will
I gotta tell you, I find these toilets that flush themselves very threatening. — Rosario Salazar