Partners is the fourteenth episode of the seventh season and 143rd overall.
Will is up for partner at his law firm. His boss, Margot, invites the candidates for partner to a dinner at her house, where she will ultimately make the final decision. Will, who is worried that Vince will ruin his chances of getting the promotion, is reluctant to bring him as his date. Grace also attends Margot's dinner party under the pretense that Margot has set her up on a blind date. Once there, Grace realizes the blind date is with Margot's husband. Elsewhere, Rosario becomes sick and Karen refuses to believe she is really ill.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- Bobby Cannavale (Vince D'Angelo)
- Lily Tomlin (Margot)
- Buck Henry (Leonard)
- Jamie Kaler (Gary)
- Rachel Quaintance (Roz)
- Jeff Witzke (Glenn)
- Erin Hershey Presley (Nicole)
- This episode was originally titled "Cries and Misdemeanors".
- Margot ends up promoting Will to partner.
- Will and Vince "take a break", although it is subsequently evident that they are broken up.
- This is the second appearance of Will's colleague, Roz, who previously appeared in Season 5 episode "Boardroom and a Parked Place". In this episode it is announced that she is pregnant, though she "might not keep it".
You know, Karen, Rosie's color is kinda off. ...Although... what color is she supposed to be? — Jack, about Rosario's sickness
Vince and I aren't lesbians, but we don't have much sex anymore, so that's close. — Will
|Vince:||I had a horse named Snowflake. Real smart. During the Republican Convention, he ran right past the protesters and took a crap in front of Zell Miller|
|Margot:||That is officially my favorite story of the evening.|
|Leonard:||I love Margot. I'll never move on.|
|Grace:||Maybe you will. Maybe you won't. Do you know what's for dinner?|
|Margot:||Will, sit down right now, or my finger is going into your wine.|
|Will:||But, Margot, what--what am I supposed to do?|
|Margot:||And my finger is in your wine.|
|Rosario:||[HOARSE WHISPER] She can stay.|
|Jack:||Once again, sweetheart, it is so hard to hear you!|
|Rosario:||[STRAINED WHISPER] She can stay.|
|Jack:||Chicken steak? All right, I'll get you some. But I'm tellin' you, it's gonna go down like broken glass.|