Sons and Lovers is the two-part 24th episode of the third season and the 67th overall.
Grace struggles trying to get Nathan and Will to get along. Jack prepares to meet his birth father, only to get a blast from the past.
An exasperated Grace tries to mediate between a resentful Will and her sloppy, free-spirited boyfriend Nathan when Nathan moves in while Jack is in a royal dither as he plans to finally meet his unseen father face-to-face. However, Grace grows nervous when the two polar-opposite men find some common ground and she ponders how a devoted boyfriend might affect her equally important relationship with her longtime buddy Will. After settling his father issues, Jack later gets the surprise of his life in a most unexpected fashion.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- Woody Harrelson (Nathan)
- Michael Angarano (Elliot)
- Claire Malis Callaway (Jo Black)
- Helen Eigenberg (Vicky)
- Michael Philip (Imaginary Boyfriend, Chris)
- David Correia (Sky Cap)
- John David Conti (Man)
- Marcia Ann Burrs (Woman)
- One hour Season 3 Finale.
- Jack discovers that his biological father, Joe Black is dead. He then discovers that he has a biological son, who was created from his sperm bank donation.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Elliot, who becomes a regular in Season 4.
- Will, Grace and Nathan go to see the movie Chocolat in the Village Cinema.
- Jack sings "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" from the musical Yentl multiple times in this episode. Will accuses Jack of having a "Yentl breakdown".
|Jack:||So, where are you from?|
|Elliot:||I'm from Queens|
|Jack:||Yes, you are, but we'll talk about that when you're older.|