The Mourning Son is the twentieth episode of the eighth season and the 182nd episode overall.
Friends and family gather for the funeral of Will's father. During the reception everyone shares with Will fond last memories of his father, while Will's last memory of his father is not as pleasant. As he tries to come to terms with their last fight, Marilyn helps him realize the changes he must make in his life. Will's ex-boyfriend Vince also attends the funeral service. Meanwhile, Grace attempts to comfort the grieving younger members of the family and begins to doubt her ability to be a good mother.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Blythe Danner (Marilyn Truman)
- Bobby Cannavale (Vince D'Angelo)
- Lesley Ann Warren (Tina)
- Steven Weber (Sam Truman)
- Leigh-Allyn Baker (Ellen)
- Tom Gallop (Rob)
- Tim Bagley (Larry)
- Jerry Levine (Joe)
- Reed Alexander (Jordan Truman)
- Kyla Dang (Casey Truman)