The Truth About Will and Dogs is the 10th episode of the first season.
During a game night with their friends, Grace expresses how much she is fond of dogs while Will does not share the same enthusiasm. The next day, Karen and Jack pressure Grace into adopting a puppy telling her it will be good for Will's love life as well.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Gary Grubbs (Harlin Polk)
- Tom Gallop (Rob)
- Leigh-Allyn Baker (Ellen)
- Katie O'Rourke (Michelle)
- Michael Lucas (Andy)
- Anthony Paul Meindl (Cute Guy)
- First appearance of Klaus von Puppy, though his name is not mentioned.
- Only appearance of Michelle and Andy during game night.
- The guy at the movies tells Will that they met at Jon Kinnally's party. Jon Kinnally is a writer and producer for the show.
- biological clock is... barking
- Grace mentions that she cannot "shame" the puppy because he is not a defendant on reality court show Judge Judy, where the tough judge notoriously scolds people who are caught lying or are acting ridiculously in court.
- After Will tells Grace to stay at home and take care of the puppy, she sarcastically calls him master, imitating Jeannie in the 60s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie.
- Cruella de Vil
- While playing with the puppy and pretending to be in Studio 54, Jack mentions celebrities Liza Minnelli, Mikhail "Misha" Baryshnikov and Bianca Jagger who were regulars at the club during its heyday.
- The Von Bulows
- Lindbergh baby
- George, Martha
- Sally Jessy Stupid
|Ellen:||Harry caught a ball for the first time, and I got it on videotape.|
|Grace:||Oh, my god, you got it on videotape? Will, she got it on videotape!|
|Will:||You didn't get it on videotape by any chance, did you?|
Spay him, spray him, throw him in a bag, and let's get out of here! — Karen, at the adoption center
I once had a golden retriever, and the man candy he retrieved? Golden! Ruff! — Jack
You just have to learn to compromise. I mean, take me and Stan. If he wants a little touchy-touchy... Well, if I cooperate, then I get a house in the Bahamas. It's tit for tat. — Karen
Got Thai food. Again. Mainly because I'm obsessed with the yum yai salad. You know, it announces its own goodness right in its name: yum yai. — Will
|Will:||You do what you want, but I just don't think it's fair to ask a dog to sleep outside, you know, when it's this cold out.|
|Grace:||Will, the dog's not gonna sleep outside.|
|Will:||Oh, really? 'Cause I figured you'd want some company.|
|Will:||I don't think it's such a great idea that you yell at him like that in front of the other dogs.|
|Grace:||Will, a light and breezy tone just doesn't cut it when he's eating a woman's blood pressure medicine.|
Will, I'm not your mother. And I promise, if he's gay, I won't stand in his way. — Grace, raising the dog
|Will:||It's funny, I never thought of myself as a dog person.|
|Harlin:||That's right... You people like the cats.|
|Will:||And by "you people," you mean...|
|Harlin:||Lawyers, of course.|
Grace, the bitch we hate is on line one. — Karen, transferring the call
Forget the pooch. Where's the hooch? — Karen
All right, Pup, it's showtime. And focus. Uncle Jack needs a new pair of shoes. Preferably with a 6-foot gorgeous hunk of man in 'em. — Jack, going on a poop 'n cruise
|Jack:||George, Martha, we'll be in the kitchen eating the free food. Let us know when it's intermission.|
|Will:||I'll be joining you.|
|Grace:||Oh, of course, so you can obsessively monitor every milligram that he eats.|
|Will:||I think you've got me confused with your mother.|
|Grace:||I would be very careful about opening the mom-bashing door. I've got a lot of bullets in my belt.|
You need to be giving all this love and affection to something that's, I don't know, paper-trained? — Grace
You know, I'm not very fond of blonds, but you are fabulous. — Jack, to the puppy