Von Trapped is the tenth episode of the eighth season and 172nd overall.
However, her presumed-to-be fun night turns into a disaster when she ends up babysitting a group of children and Will accidentally goes to the wrong theater becoming further detained by James, a handsome man he meets. Meanwhile, Karen and Jack try to flee when she gets in trouble with the theater's manager, who blocks off the exits, trapping everyone inside and forcing them to plot their escape.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario)
- Taye Diggs (James Hanson)
- Steven Petrarca (Ralph)
- Jennette McCurdy (Oldest Girl)
- Gigi Goff (Littlest Girl)
- Nick Nervies (Boy)
- Jennie Fahn (Mom #1)
- Candy Ford (Mom #2)
- Julie Fleischer (Mom #3)
- Will & Grace makes a mid-season move to 8:00 PM EST/PST.
- This episode obviously contains many references to the The Sound of Music.
- James' first appearance. He appears again in 3 more episodes later in the season.
|Grace:||Everyone gather around. You know what I do when I feel scared?|
|Jack:||Fart a little and then deny it?|
|James:||So, what is it about The Sound of Music that makes otherwise reasonable people dress up and act like lunatics?|
|Will:||You're asking the wrong person. I'm just going for my friends. I'm not really a fan. I think the whole movie is dopey and sentimental--|
|James:||Oh, really? 'Cause I love it.|
|Will:||Oh, thank God, because I love it, too! I know the lyrics to every song, and the last time I was hiking, a helicopter flew over and I twirled and twirled 'til I threw up.|
|James:||...Wow. I, uh, I guess I just like it then.|