Will Works Out is the nineteenth episode of the first season.
Will invites Jack to his gym on a "buddy pass," but when he expresses his embarrassment to Grace over his buddy's gay behavior, Jack overhears the comments and looks to set him straight about prejudice. Meanwhile, Grace continues to lend her ear when Karen's marriage hits rocky ground and she and Karen share an evening of girl talk.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Ben Reed (Richard Keller)
- Vanessa Giorgio (Woman)
- "Alley Cats" was originally scheduled to be shown, but was swapped at the last minute with "Will Works Out."
- The slur Will uses to describe Jack has a polarizing effect, although the same word is reused numerous times throughout the rest of the series.
|Will:||It's just that...Jack said this thing about how there are fifteen Will Trumans.|
|Grace:||Oh, that's so wrong.|
|Grace:||There are at least 25... If you include Grumpy Morning Will and Disco Will and Sublimate His Rage With Cashmere Will--|
|Grace:||I'm gonna make some popcorn, I have Ben & Jerry's softening, and I rented the last copy of Hope Floats. [pauses] I'll get the booze.|
|Karen:||There ya go.|